Vanir provided construction management and project oversight for a new multipurpose addition constructed adjacent to Yolo County’s existing juvenile hall. Our team also provided design phase management and construction management services for the existing 38,300-square-foot juvenile hall, which was completed in 2005.
The new multipurpose facility includes:
- Gymnasium with a basketball court
- Visitor’s center, staff areas, restrooms, storage room, electrical room and mechanical room
- Lobby and dedicated program spaces
- Secure entryways, two accessible parking stalls and concrete sidewalks
- Covered walkway connecting the new addition to the existing detention facility
The existing detention facility required minor work, as the utilities for the new facility tied into the existing center’s utility infrastructure.