From 2011-2014, Vanir provided construction management services for multiple projects within four buildings at the University of Southern California (USC) Health Science Campus. Projects included:
- Keck Medical Center of USC: Non-Structural Performance Category (NPC) 3 seismic upgrade to meet requirements under SB. 1953
- Kenneth Norris Jr. Cancer Hospital and Research Institute: NPC 2 and NPC 3 seismic upgrades to meet requirements under SB. 1953
- Clinical Science Center (Research Building): City of Los Angeles mandated upgrades for fire sprinkler/fire alarm and Americans with Disabilities Act upgrades, which included the rebuild of existing restrooms and exterior pedestrian ramps
- Kenneth Norris Jr. Cancer Hospital and Research Institute: Medical vacuum and compressed air replacement
- Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Norris Topping Tower: Air handler refurbishment
Construction within an active facility
Working closely and communicating properly with all stakeholders, Vanir ensured that the sequencing of work at USC was successfully managed and Interim Life Safety Measures and Infection Control Risk Assessment Measures were enforced to minimize disruption within the facilities.