Vanir provided project and construction management services for the modernization and reconstruction of Marina Middle School, which was originally constructed in 1936 and designed by the acclaimed architecture duo of George Kelham and William Day. The project included:
- New floors, ceiling, lighting, doors and hardware
- Complete renovation of the existing kitchen and serving spaces
- Infrastructure upgrades, fire/life/safety upgrades and ADA compliance
- Hazardous material/asbestos/lead and soils remediation
- Site improvements and existing interim housing removal
Vanir delivers safe project on operating campus
The modernization and reconstruction took place while Marina Middle School was occupied and Vanir managed the abatement of contaminated soils with zero safety incidents.