Originally built in 1995, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (LA Metro) 27-story headquarters (MTA USG Building) has undergone several upgrades. Vanir and its team of consultants were hired in 2011 to assist LA Metro on its 10-year program for various capital improvement projects for the MTA USG Building Complex (Gateway Building, Gateway Child Development Center, East Portal and four levels of parking).
Vanir’s initial work included a facilities condition assessment, development of the master program (with master schedule and budget) and a lighting audit and retrofit. Our team provided architectural and engineering design, program management, project management, construction management and quality assurance/quality control inspection services. Our services included developing the scopes of work, design and specifications and assisting with the procurement processes and contractor selections, as well as overseeing construction. MTA USG Building projects included:
- New emergency generator and busway system
- Replacement of cooling towers, boilers, several ceiling systems and domestic hot and cold and wastewater piping
- Replacement of the central chiller plant and energy management system
- Replacement of the fire pump equipment and design for partial fire sprinkler system/pipe replacement
- Other tenant improvement projects