Vanir is serving as an advisor to Hays County for the new construction and renovation of its existing jail facility. All construction is occurring while the jail is operational, requiring careful planning and execution to mitigate any disruptions to operations. Our services include construction management and constructability reviews.
The new addition consists of:
- 192-bed housing unit and segregation unit with 24 beds
- Youthful offender unit housing an additional 48 beds
- 18,000-square-foot fleet/maintenance building
- 11,700-square-foot training facility
- Infirmary and clinic, new intake/release area and sallyport
- Food service/kitchen area and laundry facility
Renovation of the lobby, bonding and administration areas will be made to house jail administration and the quartermaster, allowing for a new public visitation area and program spaces. Upgrades include security hardware, plumbing and HVAC. The current sallyport will be converted to house the Crisis Negotiation Team bus and SWAT vehicles.