Vanir provided construction management services to Eastern Municipal Water District (EMWD) for two large, existing pipeline projects:
- The San Jacinto Valley (SJV) Water Supply project consists of construction of approximately 2.25 miles of 60-inch feeder along Esplanade, Sanderson and Commonwealth Avenues to the Hemet Water Filtration Plant, which will provide additional water supply to the SJV Recharge and Recovery Program. This project included cathodic protection system improvements to the existing 33- and 39-inch SJV Raw Water Feeder.
- Phase 1 of the Cactus II Feeder project consists of construction of nearly 2 miles of 30- to 42-inch of mortar-lined steel pipe. This phase also includes the installation of 1,100 linear feet of 6- to 12-inch diameter PV pipe.
Vanir’s construction management tasks for each project included:
- Correspondence/document administration (submittals, requests for information, change order requests, claims, etc.)
- Reviewed the contractor’s schedule; analyzed and questioned critical path activities, floats and intermediate milestones, etc.; confirmed planned schedule milestones, which resources were required and what other factors must occur; and reviewed and analyzed planned progress with potential impacts to future milestones
- Assisted in the analysis, review and coordination of proposed change orders and/or time extensions
- Documented scheduled progress meetings, follow up and monthly reports
- Reviewed and investigated claims from the contractor, coordinated with designers and made recommendations to accept or deny
- Ensured recordation of all field changes on design plans
- Completed close-out and commissioning tasks — final punch list, outstanding claims resolution, warranties and commissioning