Vanir, as part of a joint venture (JV) with Dikita, is providing program management services for Dallas Independent School District’s 2015 Bond Program. The $1.6 billion districtwide program is addressing renovations, additions and new facility needs for educational, administrative and athletic facilities. Our scope of work at each school includes the pre-design, design, procurement, construction, closeout and warranty phases.
Projects managed by the JV team include:
- The addition and rebuild of a PK-12 campus, which replaced Walnut Hill Elementary and Cary Middle Schools, and renovation of the existing Thomas Jefferson High School, which were all damaged/destroyed by an EF-3 tornado
- A replacement dual language PK-8 school
- International Code Council compliant storm shelters at 10 separate campuses
- Renovations/additions to over 20 elementary and middle schools
- Renovations to more than six high schools, including the nearly 70-year-old South Oak Cliff, as well as David W. Carter, H. Grady Spruce and W.W. Samuell