The Vanir team provided construction management services for the City of Port Angeles, Waterfront Transportation Improvements, a three-phase project to enhance the City’s waterfront area. The project included the construction of:
- A new esplanade and seawall along the City’s waterfront
- Road and stormwater infrastructure improvements
- Two pocket beaches with rock revetments, including existing creosote piling removal and cleanup
- Pedestrian plazas and pathways with landscaping
- Olympic Discovery Trail improvements and features
- Pedestrian and site lighting improvements
- Energy-producing wind turbines and electric vehicle charging station
Successful coordination with Port staff
The coordination with the Port staff for access to its dock during construction and retrofitting of the waterline infrastructure was handled well by Vanir and proved to aid in the success of the project.
The in-water work consisting of excavation and construction/restoration of the new beach areas was a great challenge that proved successful due to the coordination efforts within the project team. It required consideration and accommodations for keeping tourist traffic flowing safely through this area of heavy construction over an extended period.