Vanir provided project and construction management services for the City of Newark Civic Center project. This technologically-advanced complex is LEED Silver certified and includes:
- David W. Smith City Hall: Two stories, 25,638 square feet, includes Council Chambers and administrative offices.
- Newark Police Department Building: Single story, 23,987 square feet, consolidated police administration and operations (including emergency dispatch center, training facility and forensic laboratory).
- Alan L. Nagy Library: Two stories, 24,580 square feet, includes a large community room, seminar rooms, maker space, a story-telling space and state-of-the-art book drop return and conveyor system.
- Public Plaza: Bay-Friendly certified community event space with sustainable landscaping.
- Parking Lots: Public lot consists of 130,300 square feet of parking, including 10 EVC stations, bio-retention swales and Bay-Friendly landscaping. Secure police parking lot includes 76 stalls and houses an 85-foot tower with the East Bay Regional Communication System Authority antennas that are essential to the police dispatch center.
The project also included the demolition of a seven-story administration building and the removal/relocation of underground utilities.