The City of Corcoran faced several challenges during the design of the new headquarters facility and solicited Vanir to join its team to support and guide it through the construction phase. Vanir served as the owner’s representative and also provided inspection services. The facility includes:
- Community meeting room accessible to the public
- Briefing/training room, patrol room, investigations room, sergeant’s office, evidence room, exercise room and secure prisoner holding area with four holding cells
- Enclosed sallyport adjacent to prisoner holding area
- Fenced parking lot for employees
- Dispatch area, including office space, breakroom and restroom
The City had not taken into consideration the process and compliance guidelines for connecting the new facility to the 911 dispatch call center. As a result, there was no one within the City to help coordinate the separation of secured lines and account for the required ports necessary to fully segregate the communication systems. Vanir was able to manage this process by coordinating with the various entities and contracts, while ensuring the City was in compliance during all stages of connectivity.