Vanir served as the construction manager for Central Union School District’s new construction, renovation and modernization project at Admiral Akers School, located at the Lemoore Naval Air Station (LNAS). All personnel entering LNAS to work on this project had to pass a background check vetted through the U.S. Department of Defense.
The project was funded primarily by the federal government and included:
- Construction of a 14-classroom junior high school wing
- Construction of a multipurpose event center
- Enhancements to the site infrastructure
- Modernization of existing facilities (such as a new blacktop area and an expanded parking lot)
- Relocation of the central office
The building design and construction incorporated energy efficiency and green building practices, as well as Collaborative for High Performance Schools criteria.