Based largely on Vanir’s performance and the success of the CSO Phase I project, our team was selected for construction management services for Phase II. This project served as the ﬁnal phase of the City’s CSO Reduction Plan for reducing sewer overﬂows into the Strait of Juan De Fuca.
The second phase included:
- Replacement of Pump Station 4 with a new 28 MGD pump station
- Construction of a new inﬂuent sewer to divert ﬂow from the existing Pump Station 4 to the new pump station
- Construction of 2,600 linear feet of new gravity diversion sewer
- Construction of approximately 1,200 linear feet of new force mains
- Stormwater improvements, ﬁltration, temporary storm and groundwater treatment and monitoring prior to discharge
- Installation of approximately 1,000 linear feet of new storm drains
This project will have long-term beneﬁts to the community with improved harbor water quality and greatly reduced CSO events.